The global grocery market is expected to generate $1.9 trillion in new sales by 2023, an increase of 28 percent from 2018. From 2017 – 2022, the US supermarket and grocery store industry grew 2.6% per year on average and is expected to reach $675 billion in the next five years.
In the past three years, global grocery retail has changed rapidly as trends that emerged during the pandemic continue to have an impact. Understanding the in-store customer journey using retail analytics will be key for grocery retailers going forward as they strive to keep up with customer desires.
Walkbase TREQ offers real-time data on in-store behavior and can provide actionable insights to drive change and transformation.
What is Walkbase TREQ?
Walkbase TREQ is a high-accuracy retail analytics solution that provides an unprecedented, data-driven view of the entire in-store customer journey. By analyzing in-store behavior and measuring the impact of marketing and merchandising, Walkbase TREQ can help identify areas for improvement and optimization.
Each of the four Walkbase TREQ components focuses on an area where optimizing can have a significant impact on performance:
- Occupancy: Walkbase reports on the number of people in the store in real-time. High accuracy, 3D sensors are installed at entrances and exits to ensure 99% accuracy.
- Queue Analysis: Walkbase TREQ’s Queue Analytics solution uses integrated sensors and 3D cameras to measure checkout performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Merchandising: Walkbase helps retail stores analyze shopper behavior at various points in the store, from demo stations and end caps to merchandise displays. The data helps drive better merchandising strategies and sales.
- Traffic: Walkbase Traffic helps retailers identify pathing and dwell patterns using Bluetooth location technologies to deliver precise asset location monitoring.
How Does Walkbase TREQ Work?
By gathering data at various touchpoints and presenting it in an easy-to-understand way, Walkbase TREQ provides a complete 360-degree view of the customer journey. Here is a breakdown of how the components work together:
- Start with 3D counters at entrance/exits to measure footfall with 99% accuracy.
- Next, tag all the important store assets (shopping carts, baskets etc.) and install Bluetooth sensors to digitize tag positioning.
- Process and aggregate all the data in real-time over a safe and secure network.
- Integrate other data sources like people counters, point of sale, digital signage, CRM, web analytics, staffing, etc.
- Lastly, use the data to customize marketing in multiple channels and improve store operations with real-time analytics and reporting.
Watch this video for a better understanding:
Key Benefits of Walkbase TREQ
Walkbase offers the keys to understanding your customer, their behaviors and preferences. Using location data and insights to measure, optimize and personalize the customer journey, Walkbase analytics inspire meaningful change to marketing strategy, merchandising, store layouts and queue management for the best customer experience.
Here are the key benefits for grocery stores:
- gain real-time analytics data and monetize customer behavior
- understand shopper preferences and patterns
- optimize merchandising strategies and store layouts
- reach customers digitally in-store at the point of decision
- create audiences for digital platforms and increase media revenue
- improve staffing allocations
Implement Walkbase TREQ in your grocery store today!
Walkbase TREQ provides in-store analytics to give you a complete 360-degree view of what’s happening in your grocery store.
Find out more here:
About the author
Our team of Walkbase analytics experts share their knowledge and experience in our blog to provide practical tips, insider product knowledge and explainers and advice for real-world analytics applications for retail, grocery, QSR, healthcare and more.
Others also viewed