Who are we?
Walkbase was founded in 2010 and since then we have worked on a lot of different aspects of smart spaces & real-world analytics.
In 2017 we were acquired by STRATACACHE, the world’s leading digital signage vendor, with a mandate to continue building the best in-store analytics and in-store intelligence products for STRATACACHE customers all over the world.
We operate as an independent company out of Turku, Finland and are currently growing our engineering team as quickly as we can find the right people.
We are looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer to join our team. As part of our software engineering team your work would focus on extending the capabilities of our current hardware and taking part in the design, sourcing and compatibility testing of new hardware.
What we offer
- Meaningful work where your choices matter and your opinions are heard
- A team with clever people eager to teach and learn
- Freedom and responsibility when it comes to getting your work done
- A competitive salary and nice perks
The person we are looking for
- Has a professional software development background or a recent degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience, preferably with focus on embedded systems development
- Is a team player who is happy to share their experiences as well as ask for help when needed
- Has great communication skills; fluency in English both written and spoken is a must
- Is comfortable working on a variety of projects and technologies but does not attack every problem the same way
- Has experience with or even gets excited about some of the following words: Linux, OpenWRT, LEDE, C, Go, Python, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kafka
Bonus points for
- A deep understanding of electronics, Wi-Fi, antennas and / or wireless signal propagation
- Experience designing, soldering or even manufacturing electronics
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.